The purpose of this transfer activity is to teach persons interested in organic farming and in alternatives to traditional agriculture about the different demonstration alternatives described in the project LIFE POLYFARMING.
The courses are aimed at farmers and ranchers, agrarian students, and volunteers in organic farming.
The organisation of these training courses is carried out by the two partners of the project, CREAF and PLANESES, and it consists of different phases:
- The training is for two months, although some candidates may be also accepted for a 3-month stay.
- PLANESES provides a space for attendees to live on the farm during the two months of the course.
- The formation of the courses is eminently practical. During the morning the assistants participate in the daily work of the polyfarming system, together with the project technicians.
- In one-two afternoons per week the assistants review theoretical contents provided by the project manager and discuss with him the treated aspects. The topics discussed are grouped into three main blocks: (a) The context; (b) The principles of polyfarming; (c) The tools and application of polyfarming. The functioning and the topics for these sessions are given in Functioning and topics.
- At the end of the course there is no exam, simply a certificate of attendance is given when the students request it.
The courses will be carried out in spanish.
Contact of the interested candidates
Each person interested in participating in the training courses should send an e-mail to Edurne Bordas (firstname.lastname@example.org) with his/her curriculum and his/her motivation. The coordinators of the project will choose among interested candidates after analyzing their curricula and their motivation.